Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baby Names

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!!


NOTICE: This is not a vote. :)

We have basically decided on names. So here it goes.

For a girl, we were thinking Ella Alexandra Manley.
For a boy, we like something along the lines of Zephaniah Lloyd Manley.


We have chosen these names because of meaning, and we darn sure like the way they sound! These names are subject to change, but we think we pretty much have this decided. :)

Meanings
My source for baby name meanings is BabyNames.com.

Ella
Reason: As my mama loves to explain to everyone,  "Ella Enchanted" is my all-time favorite book. I've read it cover to cover probably ten times or more.  It is simply amazing, and to this day I love to read the book.  (Btw, the movie did the book absolutely NO justice.) I decided, that if we had a girl, that we would name her after this beloved fictional character of mine.  I've always admired her, so it only made sense.
Meaning: Young girl
Origin: Spanish

Alexandra
Reason: I've always loved this name.  I've wanted to name a child of mine Alexandra since my early teens. It just sounds so classy and lovely. (And mythical. I know- I'm a total loser.)
Meaning: Defender of the people
Origin: Greek

Zephaniah
Reason: I was flipping through my Bible one afternoon.  The name popped out at me, so I said it out-loud. Michael lit up.  "I like that. We should name our kid that.  Besides,  Maximus Manley is just too cool for any kid." (He wanted to name our boy Maximus.  See, the Word always pulls through in the tough times.)  I've also been told this name sounds too ethnic for a little white boy.  That's fine with me.  Our kids will need some culture.
Meaning: God has hidden
Origin: Hebrew
NoteIn Hebrew it's pronounced "Tse-FAHN-yah." A minor prophet in the Bible.


Lloyd
Reason:  This is my dad's name.  He passed away December 29, 2010 from pulmonary fibrosis, and I just can't see myself not naming my first son after him.  (If we never have a boy, I'm still gonna try to fit something in with a girl.  I just have to.)  I love him the mostest and miss him so much.  He was the best Papa in the world, and he loved the Lord Jesus with all his heart.  He was a small church pastor for about 30 years, and he remained devoted to his flock until the day he died.  He, excluding my husband, was the greatest man that I will ever know.  


Meaning: Grey  (I know that's a simple meaning, but the real meaning is behind the person who had the name.)
Origin: Welsh




Here are some more names that we considered:
Shiloh
Silas
Michael (for a girl)
Maximus
Annie Mae (after my grandmother)
Frodo (nah. I'm just playin')

I LOVE the names we choose.  They were chosen pretty carefully, and I can't wait to see which names we will have the opportunity to use for this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment