Friday, March 18, 2011

A Cute Family

1. I just ADORE this young mother and her child.  They are so precious.  You can see her whole pregnancy unfold on her YouTube channel.


2.  Today, we finally got the love-seat moved out of our living room so we will have a place to put the baby's crib.  Hopefully it's coming in soon.  I absolutely love the finishing on the wood and the railing on the changing table.   

courtesy of babiesrus.com

3. I was sent something in the mail from babybedding.com, and it said you could make your own custom bedding.  It looked interesting, so I visited the site and threw this bad boy together.  It's gender neutral just the way I wanted, and it matches my living room.  I didn't design a bumper because recent studies show that they are dangerous and may be the cause of SIDS in some infants.  Cribs now-a-days are made safely enough, with slats close enough, to where you don't even really need a bumper for any reason other than looks.   


4. Car seats are a difficult thing to shop for.  There are SO MANY different kinds.  Personally, I'd rather get an infant car seat because they can easily be removed from the car and can be used to carry the baby around.  Convertible car seats just aren't that easy.  (Convertible car seats are seats that can be both rear-facing and front-facing.)  Any experienced mom's who recommend one or the other?


5. Sleepy Wraps look like the most beautiful thing in the world to me.  Unlike slings, they use the support of both shoulders instead of one, and they cause the baby's head to rest closer to the heart.  You can even breast feed with them on and not even have to use any extra covering.  You can also tie them so that you can carry your baby in a variety of differing ways.  I personally love the orange, but I may also order the green.

courtesy of sleepywrap.com





That's pretty much all for now. :)



4 comments:

  1. Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant seat is what we have and love. Plus it was #1 rated on consumer reports! You don't want to have to worry about waking a sleeping baby with an infant carrier rather than a convertible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest Graco 35. It holds the baby until 30 plus pounds. The other types of seats usually hold a baby up to 22 lbs. You would be suprised how quickly a baby will outgrow a seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! It really seems like infant seats that go up to a high weight are the way to go! I will look at these seats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is undoubtedly a good site on storm analysis and helps me a lot in my studies. Thanks.....!

    ReplyDelete