Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new thing.

          It is an odd thing to try and convince your husband that you NEED a baby. Yeah, you can bet this cry baby did just that. There were tears, prayers, times of begging and many more dramatic attempts to convince Michael that we were ready. (I am exaggerating- a little.)  Eventually, he let me know that I was stressing him out and he just needed time to think and pray about it. So, I let it go, and waited . . . a week. (I'm so impatient.) But, to my surprise, he agreed with me. It was time to have a baby. We hadn't been married for a year yet, but it was time. Stupid me, I suppose, thought that once you agreed to have a baby, they just appeared sometime that week. As anyone in the 7th grade will tell you, that's just not so.
        
          The first month was exciting. I can't tell you how ready I was to take that first pregnancy test. I think I literally ran to the bathroom. I sat there and waited for a grueling two minutes and then snuck a peek. Negative. I was devastated! What more could I do, right? Keep trying?! (So dramatic.) So, I finished off that month the way I had since I was thirteen. Not pregnant and in need of Kotex.
Most people don't conceive their first month of trying, so why should I worry? I'm so impatient. I think after one month I gave up. I decided that it would happen when it happened. And that's exactly when it happened.
          Thanksgiving was a blast. I went to NJ to celebrate with my husband's Aunt and her kids. (One of them had recently been blessed with twins. I held that little girl for hours.) We went to New York City the day before we left and toured like country people do.
        
         The next day we came home. Clemson and Carolina were playing that night so we had to make it back in time for that. Out of sheer suspicion, I decided to take a pregnancy test. I sat there, expecting a negative, and sure enough, there it was! But wait. I looked really close at that blank spot. It was changing colors! No FREAKIN WAY! "Is that a line?!" So dumb me, sitting on the toilet, was all like, "Michael! COME HERE!"
          He saw the line too.
          I refused to believe it, but a doctor's appointment a couple days later revealed that it WAS a line. The most beautiful line in the world.
          I'm so awesome and patient. I made a baby all by myself! Take that world! But seriously, we all know Who really gets the credit for this Little One. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment